Monday, February 8, 2010

You Know You're Getting Older When...

Considering I've been feeling old lately, I have a feeling that this might be a regular topic....

Anyway, my reason for today is my birthday present.  This year for my birthday, I did not ask for jewelry.  I did not ask for electronics.  What is this elusive present that I have been yearning for?  A new freezer.  Living in an older home, it shocked me how quickly our freezer would fill up.  Then came the biggest problem: Costco.  Costco is a frozen food lover's (aka me) dream.  Why wouldn't you need a box of 32 mini frozen pizzas?  Every trip to Costco turned into a debate in the frozen food section because we knew we could only fit maybe one item in our current freezer.  Maybe.  A pleasant trip to our favorite bulk food store would turn into a war over whether we were getting pizzas or hot pockets, chicken or beef, ice cream or cheesecake.  Now my friends we can have it all.  And then some.

 

We got this little beauty from Sears for what I consider to be a very reasonable sum, especially since it makes our trips to Costco that much more pleasant.  Look at all that space!!
 
 
I would fully recommend this little life saver.  It has proved to be very useful, although every time I see it I am reminded of my advancing stage in life.

No comments: