Sunday, February 21, 2010

Short Term Goals

With the wedding and everything else going on I don't have much time for anything else, so I decided that I'm just going to start making short term goals.  Hopefully these small steps will help me reach some of my larger goals, without adding too much time/stress.  One of my biggest goals before the wedding is to lose weight, a lot of weight.  My goal is fifteen pounds, although twenty would be nice.  I decided this week my goal is to use my wii fit at least twice, since the weather is so bad the chances of doing anything outside are pretty slim. 

Today I used my wii fit for the first time in, well I'm not going to mention how long it has been but lets just say there was dust accumulating.  Quite a bit of dust.  Anyway, I woke up today and decided that since Matt and Kristen are both at work all day long it would be the perfect day to dust it off, suck it up, and do something. 

It did not start off well.  It weighed me and checked my BMI, which I haven't done in months, and it told me that I'm overweight.  Nothing beats having a video game call you fat.  I guess its just more motivation in the end, so bring it on!  I did almost an hour of yoga, strength training and even some games.  I figure if I can do it at least twice a week, thats a step.  A smell step, but I'm still moving forward.  So half of this week's goal is done, now on to next week....

No comments: