Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Incompetence

Nothing stings quite like being told that you're incompetent at your job.  I should know, I was told that today.  And I cried.  I hate admitting that, but it happened.  Luckily it wasn't my boss, or her boss, or anyone else that matters that said these awful words, but none the less it stung. 

Long story short, it was an angry little man who didn't like my explanation of what happened (which by the way was his fault) so he felt the need to tell me that instead of paying for this error (which by the way was a very small amount) he would rather tell me how horrible I am at my job and go above my head. 

I don't know if it was the fact that I was hungry, or that I'm totally stressed about the wedding and money, or maybe just the fact that I'm a girl and unfortunately at points we get emotional, but it really pissed me off.  I had to go into my boss's office and tell her the situation, and I definitely started crying and immediately wanted to die.  I think there is nothing worse than crying at work, especially over something like this.

The worst part was that when he did go above my head, their response was why not just give him the money.  Nothing like being cut off at the knees.  Now this guy is definitely never going to listen to me again and I sound like a big, fat idiot.  Whatever happened to backing up your employees' decisions?  Is that too much to ask for?

1 comment:

The Yellow Door said...

You should have channeled your inner Emily bitch. Disclaimer: I'm not ALWAYS a bitch, but you do not want to cross me, I am NOT a firm believer in the customer is always right.