Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nothing Beats a Free Meal

Matt, Kristen and I decided to go out to dinner tonight.  Actually Kristen decided and Matt and I just went along with it.  So we're deciding where to go, and like always have no idea.  Matt suggests Los Cabos, the new restaurant owned by the company he works for.  Kristen suggests Dos Reales, mostly because it is close and we're lazy.  Plus, she has a coupon.  Gotta love the free queso.  I'm down with the free queso plan, when Matt reminds us that he gets a discount at Los Cabos too.  And he really, really wants to go.

So we go.  After we get there, Matt runs into some guy who's name I don't remember and who's title I don't remember, but who's words I will never forget.  "I hope you guys like the food.  Order what you want, try a little of everything.  It's all on me." 

Sweeter words have never been spoken to someone who loves food as much as I do.  And we did try a little of a lot of things.  And it was actually really good.  Really, really good.  Plus, whoever this guy was he must have been kind of a big deal because our server was constantly checking on us, many of the employees came over to talk to us and one of them even made us some of his own "special" blends of salsa.

They had like ten different kinds of salsa you can try, and although I stuck with the very mild (which was awesome btw), Gammy seemed to enjoy the others.  The tortillas were fresh, and our fajitas were served in bowls made of lava rock which kept them hot throughout our entire meal.  Plus, they looked cool.  We even got dessert, which combined two of my favorites things: cheesecake and fried foods.  Enough said.

Needless to say, although I was sad we couldn't use our free queso coupon, I think we came out on top in this deal.


Los Cabos, I give you four and a half out of five. 

2 comments:

Paige Elise said...

Wish I had called you last night to see if you wanted to do dinner :)

The Yellow Door said...

OMG i am so yealous!!!!!! WHY DO I NOT LIVE IN KC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what kind of cheesecake was it? Was it applechimicheesecake good?!!?