Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How Do I love thee?

Let me count the ways.  I am, of course, referring to chocolate.  I love it, all kinds.  I don't discriminate.  Chances are if there is chocolate involved I will not only eat it, I will love it.  This intense love brings me to my current situation: I'm giving up chocolate for Lent.

 
Look at those beauties.
 
I haven't been big on Lent in several years.  Who am I kidding, I haven't been big on religion in general for several years.  Matt and I are currently attending RCIA classes so that he can become Catholic before we get married so I'm slowly coming around.  He's actually enjoying these classes and I'm really enjoying getting to spend more time with him.  And the classes aren't bad either.  
 
Trying to be a good example for him I decided this year I'm going to give up something hard for Lent to see if I can handle it.  So I picked chocolate.  He picked pop.  We actually made a bet to see who can make it all forty days.  This couldn't have come at a worse time too, my house is full of chocolates left over from Valentine's day.  Hopefully we can handle this, I think it will make us better people.  And who doesn't love a little friendly competition?    

1 comment:

The Yellow Door said...

Are you allowing yourself to cheat on Sundays?