Monday, November 1, 2010

Dancing Through Monday


Kristen and I had a lot of routines while living together.  We would take turns making dinner.  We would take turns buying toilet paper.  We had baby pool Wednesday (which turned in to baby pool thursday) and we had certain shows that we would watch each night.  For someone who loves routine (such as myself) I loved this aspect of our relationship.

Sidenote: At a Halloween party this weekend, I was telling a story to some random about something funny Kristen did on our wedding night (peed in a stairwell.)  I realized halfway through the story that it sounded like by saying "our" wedding night I meant myself and Kristen, not Matt.  My next thought was, how many other people think that I drove to Iowa to legally be married to another woman?  Oh well. 

And yes, gay marriage is legal in Iowa.  Shocking, I know.  My relatives might be country in certain aspects of their lives, but apparently when it comes to equal rights for the gay community they are way ahead of the rest of the country (at least they were the last time that I checked.)

Long sidenote... anyway, one of the routines that we have continued now that we don't live together is watching Dancing with the Stars on Monday nights.  She comes over to our apartment on Mondays after work, we make or order dinner and then we watch the show.  It is a routine lover's dream.  We have a contest where we try to guess the scores before they're given (yeah, we're cool) and the winner of the night has a whole week to brag.  I realized last week that it's not the show that I love each week, it's knowing that unless something big comes up, we have at least one night a week where we hang out and catch up.

I've never been the biggest fan of the show but this season I have a reason to watch: Jennifer Grey.  That first week when she danced to "These Arms of Mine" and lost it during rehearsal, missing Patrick Swayze.... I was hooked.  I love her.  Even last week when she did not do good, I swore that if she got kicked off I would stop watching the show.  The people listened: Audrina went home (and her mom provided an amazing drunken rampage on TMZ about how much better she is than everyone else.)  So let's keep our fingers crossed that Bristol Palin goes back to being an abomination so that she will get kicked off and that Jennifer gets her groove back.

No comments: