Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It's Christmas time!

Although I am incredibly excited for Thanksgiving, and by no means am I overlooking it, I've already got myself in quite the holiday mood.  It started with Kristen putting up her holiday decorations, and lights, a couple of weeks ago.  Yes, you heard that right.  I believe it was Halloween weekend that Kristen decided to put all of her holiday decorations up.  When I asked her why she said why not.  Why only celebrate the season for that short little month between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Hard to argue with that.

Then Friday I bought the Glee Christmas c.d. (yes I still buy c.d.s occasionally) and have been rocking out to it in my car ever since.  Finally yesterday, Matt, Kristen and I ventured south to the Christmas Warehouse Sale.  It sounded like my own personal Heaven, and for the most part it was.  We had never gone before but had heard about it so we decided why not.  If you want to check out some pictures (because I still don't have a working camera) check out http://www.christmaswarehousesale.com/

At first it was breathtaking, all of the trees, ornaments, and general merriment glittering in the glorious warehouse lighting.  It was slightly overwhelming, a little like my other holiday staple Holiday Mart, but we quickly picked a route and were off. 

I won't go into detail about everything that we saw, but let's just say there was a lot of junk.  A LOT.  There were tables and tables and tables of ornaments for 50 cents, 99 cents, 1.49 and 1.99.  You can probably imagine the quality of items that they are selling for 50 cents.  Half of it looked like random knick knacks and kid toys that someone poked a hole in, tied a string through, and called it an ornament.

Their trees were expensive.  I even had a 20% off coupon and they were still double the price of Target or Wal-Mart which was kind of disheartening because that is what Matt and I already we wanted to get.  We ended up with a little stuff (a really cute snowman K-State ornament and other random stuff) but in general was not impressed.  The only things that they had that weren't junk were not cheap, they were actually a little expensive.

Overall an interesting experience (the area the warehouse was in was interesting to say the least) and a fun holiday afternoon.  That being said, I probably won't be going back.  Although, when we checked out the lady said that the last weekend they are open they have all of their stuff at least 50% off, so I might be able to be talked into it.....

We stopped at Target on the way home and bought a tree, so don't worry.  There will be plenty of holiday cheer going on at the Sharkany household this year even though Matt wouldn't let me set it up on Saturday.  Scrooge. 

1 comment:

The Yellow Door said...

hahah thats funny. why wouldn't he let you set it up?? we put up christmas lights outside yesterday (1st year we've done it!!) and put up our tree this morning!!