Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nearly Burned The Place Down

Okay, so slight exaggeration.  But seriously, burned the hell out of our dinner last night.  In my defense, we got some new pans for our wedding and while they are expensive (and good quality) they are an adjustment to cook in.  I was making chicken pesto florentine, which seemed easy enough until I went to cook the chicken.  Kristen is my witness, it wasn't my fault.  They cooked less than half the time they were supposed to and they were black.  And smoky (they weren't, but the room sure was.)

So my wonderful, chef extraordinaire husband came home from work at just the right time and saved the day.  Unfortunately I had frozen chicken only at this point, so for round two we had an hour of defrosting then more cooking.  Instead of a wonderful dinner at 7:30, we had a pretty decent one at nine.  Learning things every day.....

In honor of Thanksgiving I am going to give thanks every day (well, every time I post something.)

Today, I am thankful for the little fan above our stove.  Sounds silly until you don't have one and you're fanning the air around the smoke detector in your kitchen every single time you cook anything.  Not fun.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Those little fans are a life saver! I have caught things on fire, yes fire, several times! Scary!