Wednesday, May 12, 2010

You Are Cordially Invited...

Matt and I picked out our invitations!!  Do you like?  I know they're a little different, but we both enjoy Disney so much we figured why not! 



Just kidding!!  I hope no one would really think that this is what I would choose (no offense to anyone that had Mickey on their wedding invitations.)  I won't be putting up our actual invitations, you'll just have to wait and see them when they come in the mail.

I am so excited about the ones we picked.  We got them from this party store in Shawnee.  Suzanne actually recommended it and the woman there who helped me was super nice and incredibly helpful.  When I first got there I was overwhelmed by the number of books of invitations they have, it had to have been close to 50 and each book had at least a hundred inside.  I didn't even know that many combos of invites were possible.  I just started looking through the first book and thank god someone there started helping me or I would have been there all night.

She showed me the two books that had what I was looking for and I knew she was fabulous already narrowing it down to only two.  About the third invitation in, I loved it.  Absolutely loved it.  Like many other details of this wedding, I just immediately knew.  It was already in the colors I wanted so it was very easy to imagine.  We changed the font on one initial and that was pretty much it.  She sent me the proofs yesterday and I could not have been happier.  They were a little more than I would have liked to have spent (what isn't), but they are exactly what I wanted.

I can't believe I'm picking out invitations already!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Victoria and I both threw up a little when we saw those. Thanks for not picking those.

The Yellow Door said...

what about save the dates?? also have you taken your engagement photos yet??

Jenny said...

I think you should have gone with Mickey...okay not really. Glad you found ones you like!

Paige Elise said...

I really wish those were your real invites.