Friday, May 14, 2010

Really??

Everything has been getting back on track and for once I haven't been super stressed lately.  I am finally at peace with the fact that I cannot afford to go to Mexico for Suzanne's wedding, and am feeling good about my economical decision.  We got a lot of our bills paid off, including car insurance for the rest of the year, so I have been feeling really good.  And then like usual, the other shoe dropped.

I had today off so I decided to go get my hair did.  I've needed it for a couple of weeks, but lack of time and funds has prohibited that.  I woke up super excited and even got up a little early to take a walk/jog with Matt and Scout.  While driving to my hair appointment my brakes were sounding a little weird, okay a lot weird.  Whenever I stepped on the brakes it sounded like I was dragging something and it was pretty bad.  I don't know a lot about cars (really anything) but I know that is not good.

Being a girl, my hair appointment was more important so I went and decided to drop the car off afterwards.  While they were looking at it I walked to Target to waste some time and got the phone call I was dreading.  $600 to fix my brakes.  $603 to be exact.  I am not happy.  I told Matt in the car on the way home that had I known that his car was going to break down and mine was going to fall apart a little, I definitely would have been more frugal with my choices for our wedding.  A little late for that now.

I guess its back to being stressed about money again.  Yay!  Four months to find some non-existent funds.... I'm going to start praying that I hit it big in Vegas.  That seems like the best idea.


I love my little mama.  She makes today not suck so bad...

No comments: