Sunday, May 9, 2010

Five Months to Go!

It is officially five months from our wedding date. Scary!! There is a part of me that feels like we have been engaged forever (almost a year) and just want to get there already. But then there is another part of me that feels like, holy crap I only have five months left. I have so much left to do, more importantly so many things to pay for.... when will I ever find the time and money?

Speaking of wedding related items, Matt and I went to Macy's to create our third (and hopefully final) gift registry. I've always thought the very idea of a registry is just awful and rude. I'm going to invite you to a party to celebrate me, and not only will I expect a gift but I will also tell you exactly what I want. Who thought of this? I know, I know it saves everyone time and effort trying to think of what to get people but I seriously would love to know what that conversation was like when the first person decided to do this. It was probably a guy.

After registering at two other places, I feel like Matt and I have learned some very important lessons. We had a talk on the way there yesterday and decided we were just going to scan absolutely everything we like (to avoid an argument in the middle of a store) and then with the beauty of the internet we can go home and argue later in the comfort of our own home. One problem in check.

So we get there and the woman starts going over their registry program. Its actually kind of cool and I definitely reccomend it to anyone getting married. They give you a percentage of what people buy you back on a gift card for after the wedding so that you can use it to buy more of the things you didn't get. Bravo Macy's, job well done.

You would think we had a game plan and were on our third one, should be fairly easy. Not so. We were there for probably three hours going through things, changing our minds, changing our colors, thinking we were done and finding more things. It was a long day. Total I think we spent a little over five hours at the mall and I'm pretty sure Matt was ready to murder me by the end of the day.

One good thing to come out of this was that I am fairly confident we are pretty close to having our registries tweaked to perfection. We have a couple of choices to make, a few things to delete, a few to add, but we are definitely about done and most certainly ready to start getting some goods! It was a lot harder than I thought, but will definitely be worth it in the end.

1 comment:

Paige Elise said...

And we all look forward to showering you with love and gifts :)