Sunday, May 23, 2010

Finales, Part Deux

Please don't read if you haven't watched these yet, it will ruin them as my sister ruined GG for me by telling me that someone gets shot, I literally spent the last fifteen minutes going does Georgina shoot Dan for impregnating her?  Do Blair and Serena get shot in Paris?  Maybe Eric goes psycho and shoots Jenny (this is what I wished).  Also, I accidentally read about some of it on-line, but I guess thats what you get for waiting a week to watch the finale.

* Gossip Girl - not a huge fan.  Stupid Jenny and her nasty rat hair had to ruin it for everybody.  And when she sits there crying about how she is alone, no one loves her, etc. I just wanted Eric to go listen up crackhead, stop attempting to/sleeping with other people's boyfriends and maybe everybody won't hate you.  Maybe.  Also, GG writers can you please get Chuck and Blair back together?  They were so close, and I like them so much better when they're together.  I'm guessing that is why you made those mean foreign men shoot Chuck, so Blair will feel awful, will listen to what happened, and they will live happily ever after.  At least that is what happens in my GG. 

Kristen has been baffled/disgusted with my love for Chuck from the beginning, but for whatever reason I like the guy.  I can't even tell you why.  I think it might be the whole transformation from douche bag to stellar boyfriend.  Everyone loves a good transformation story.

* Grey's Anatomy - I don't even know where to begin to put into words what this episode was like to watch.  Unless you watched it, words can't do justice to the emotional rollercoaster that unfolded over two hours of pretty darn good television.  I had to spend a couple of days beforehand catching up on a couple of months worth of GA episodes because it had started to bore me a little and I had fallen behind.  God am I thankful I took that time.  I have several points to make about this episode, so here goes.

  
 1. Who's idea was it to put Mandy Moore in this episode?  Granted I am slightly biased.  Every since I wasted two hours of my life that I will never get back and am subsequently stupider for wasting my time watching A Walk to Remember I have not fondly thought of her.  Not to mention that she is a really, really, super bad actress.  She has some money right?  Use a little bit to pay for some acting classes, if not for yourself do it for all of us.

2. I was shocked by the magnitude of violence portayed in this episode.  Seems like a pretty stupid statement about a show centered around a gunman in a hospital, but I was definitely not expecting him to shoot Reed straight in the forehead.  Kristen and I both screamed out loud.  I was reading the writers' blog from GA (yes, I have no life) and the creator was saying that she wrote it to be so graphic and shocking (the execution of Reed) because she didn't want anyone to feel sorry for the shooter, didn't want to glamourize the senseless, awful violence he was about to unleash.  Job very well done ma'am.

3. I was surprised by the slow, painful process of the SWAT team clearing out the hospital.  The whole time we're watching it, Kristen and I are yelling why aren't they sending in like 200 swarming men and take that bastard down?  Well, according to the above mentioned blog, she brought in a SWAT guy to walk her through it and that is how they would actually do it.  I guess he would know better than me.

4. If Lexie chooses Alex I'm going to throw up a little out of anger/disgust.  He was saying Izzie's name on his death bed.  He doesn't want you.  Go back to Sloan (who aside from being way hotter is also actually turning into a really sweet guy.) 

5. I'm really upset about the actor they choose for Mr. Clarke (the shooter).  For anyone who watched/watches The West Wing on Bravo (like I do religiously every morning) you will recognize him as Ron, the head of the secret service.  I loved him.  He was strong, silent, and always there in a crisis.  I take my television very seriously and do not like when a good guy plays bad.



6. There were no cliffhangers.  I'm laughing as I'm writing this because like many other people, I scream at the television when something huge happens and you have to wait those awful four months to see what happens next.  I didn't realize how much I would miss it until its gone.  Remember the stellar finale with Denny and in the end Finn and Derek are both saying Meredith and you don't know who she goes with and its so intense...

*LOST - okay so this isn't so much about the LOST finale, mostly because I'm not watching it so I have no comment about what happens.  This is more in sadness that Gammy and I did not watch LOST fast enough to catch up to the finale.  She just finished season four and is starting season five so she is close.  I'm in the middle of season four.  It is so good!  I told Kristen the other day that as much as I'm loving it, I'm kind of glad we waited until the end of the show to start watching it.  Think about it, all of the suckers that watched it from the beginning would get to those stellar season finales and have to wait months to see what happens next.  We just pop in the next disc!  Genius I tell you.


Will someone please buy me these?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terribly sorry to ruin the end of GG but kind of funny. I can just imagine you waiting for someone to get shot going over all the different scenerios.