Wednesday, April 7, 2010

RCIA Class

Our RCIA class is officially over!  It feels weird to say, and even weirder to imagine what I will do with my Tuesday nights from here on.

For the past eight months, thats right, eight entire months, Matt and I have been attending RCIA classes every Tuesday night for an hour and a half.  I never thought I would say this, but there is a teeny, tiny part of me that will miss them.  Although I got tired of having one night of my week always occupied, it was kind of nice spending time together.  It was like no matter what work or other things were going on, we always knew we were spending Tuesday nights together.

It was also kind of cool seeing Matt learning all about a religion that I think sometimes I take for granted because I grew up with it.  I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic schools, and pretty much everyone I knew was Catholic.  For him most of it was new.  He was raised Christian, so it wasn't completely foreign to him but it was neat watching him learn all about mass, confession, confirmation, communion, etc.

Last Saturday night, he was officially confirmed and last night we had our last wrap-up session, and now we're done!!  This is going to be a great summer, so give me a call on Tuesdays because I'm now free!

No comments: