Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Universe

Do you ever just feel like the universe is crapping all over your day?  Well I feel like its pretty much dumped on my year. 

Yesterday Matt and I started discussing the possiblity of not going to Mexico in August.  A sorority sister of mine is getting married there and we were both really, really, really excited to go.  We made sure Matt had his passport, I've been checking on flights, and I've even started thinking about outfits for the beach.  I'm just not sure if we'll have the money to go anymore.  It is very unfortunate that she is getting married eight weeks before my own wedding, but up until recently we still thought we could afford both.

We don't think so anymore.  Actually, we're pretty darn sure.  We realized that while our wedding is still six months away, we have quite a few things left to pay for.  Everyone kept telling me it's your day, you only do this once, so I picked out what I wanted for everything with very little regard to my budget.  I've now gone outside of my budget.  A lot outside.  I know we'll be fine to get everything paid for, but if we want to go on a honeymoon (to anywhere other than Kansas, or maybe Iowa) Mexico is just not in the cards for us.

And then yesterday put an exclamation point on that one.  Matt's car was leaking something Sunday night so he knew we needed to take it in.  We dropped it off last night, and two days of me getting up even earlier than usual to take him to work first later, the car place called back.  Its going to cost probably more than the car is worth to fix it.  Awesome.

We knew he was going to need a new car at some point, we were just praying that it would hold out until next year.  That didn't happen.  So now instead of going to Mexico and relaxing on a beach, we will be here with Matt's new car and a whole bunch of new debt.  Again, awesome.  My dad said that cars never break down when you have the time/money to get a new one.  That's just the way the universe works.  I decided today that I hate the universe.

No comments: