Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sick Again

While at work today I got the most wonderful phone call a mom can get: your child's sick (in my case my fur child.)  Gammy said that she had thrown up twice in the last two hours, including once all over the couch.  And down the crack in between the cushions, so all in the couch too.  Great. 




So I call the vet, and they close at six.  I don't get done with work until six.  I went to my boss and asked very politely if I could leave at five because my little black beauty is sick and I need to take her to the vet.  She wasn't exactly "excited" and/or "nice" about it, but I didn't have time to feel guilty, I had to get Scout to the doctor! 

I drove like a mad woman, got home in enough time to throw her in the car and go.  I knew as soon as I walked into the house that something was wrong, deadly wrong.  Mostly because it smelled like death, or at least what I would classify as death.  I went to go get her out of her kennel and there was a large amount of vomit everywhere.  Thankfully she had somehow managed to throw up in a little ring around herself and kept herself clean, which was good news for me because I definitely didn't have time to clean her up.

So we get to the vet, and a few questions, an exam, and a very uncomfortable temperature taking later (for Scout, not me) she came to the consensus that my little girl had most likely eaten something that upset her stomach and was puking constantly to get it out of her system.  After a few more questions, we figured out it was most likely dirt she had been eating.  Great.  My dog, whom I thought was a genius, is sitting outside and eating dirt.

$79 later, I feel better knowing that there is nothing seriously wrong with her.  I also used our little vet visit to ask a few other questions/concerns I have had in the last couple of weeks.  I just need some good thoughts and prayers sent our way that she stays healthy.  I can't afford any more un-scheduled vet visits.

1 comment:

Paige Elise said...

Don't you wish our fur babies could talk to us and tell us what hurts? I hate that. I always feel so helpless when Raleigh is sick. She was in and out of the vet the first three months we had her... it will pass :)Thinking of you and precious Scout...