Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Finally Got Lost....

So apparently I'm about six years behind everyone else, but I have finally gotten into Lost.  I always thought it would be the kind of show I would like, but I missed the beginning of it and it seemed like the kind of show you must watch all of to truly understand it. 

About two months ago I found season one on Overstock for like twelve dollars.  I thought twelve dollars was a small price to pay to find out if this really was the show I thought it could be.  I waited with great anticipation until the day it finally arrived at my door, and then it sat on my counter for a month.  There was already so much to watch I barely had time to keep up with my regularly scheduled programming.

And then the Olympics rolled around and all of my regular shows were re-runs.  I like the Olympics as much as the next guy, but winter sports in general aren't necessarily my cup of tea.  So I chose to take advantage of the opportunity and start Lost. 

Honestly, I wasn't sure how much I dug it at first.  It was interesting but I think I had enormous expectations after everything that I had heard about it.  I also figured out that the beginning of any new show tends to be boring because it is all exposition, so it takes the first half of the first season of any show to get really, really good.  And Lost did not disappoint.

We're almost to the end of season one, and can't wait to get into season two.  There was the first major death and I totally didn't see it coming.  That is the other bonus of watching shows on dvd.  You don't have to wait until next week to see what happens, you just pop in the next disc.  I hope this show continues to entertain me this much....

No comments: