Tuesday, August 24, 2010

RSVP

We finally got our invitations sent out last week, after much stress and hair pulling (me doing my own, not anyone else's), and I swear it felt like I gave birth.  I know that sounds like a scary analogy, but for months these invitations have been like my children. 

I spent weeks making decisions about them.  While it didn't take long to pick them out, deciding on details like what color, what wording, which map, etc. was total agony.  Then when I did finally pick them out, they showed up in about 8,000 pieces.  Matt's first words when we got them were, we spent how much and we still have to put them together ourselves?  (Stupid men.) 

So after all of the decision making came all of the manual labor.  Hours went into putting them all together (all 8,000 pieces) and making sure the response cards were stamped and ready to go.  (Can't forget stamps, big no no.) 

Then came the waiting.  We had someone address the envelopes for us and the waiting game became almost unbearable.  Days went by, then weeks with my beautiful invitations just taunting me from the table.  I was terrified that someone would spill on them or one of the dogs would get to them, so then they went into the guest bedroom.  This made me sad too because then I didn't get to see them (trust me, if you spent the time/money I did on these bad boys you would want them constantly around you as well.  See, they are like kids.)

Finally last week the envelopes were in, we got them all stuffed and stamped and out they went.  Besides a few forgotten boyfriends/guests I think they went out without a problem. 

I got home from work yesterday and on the table with the mail were the two most beautiful envelopes I had ever seen.... two responses!  They were both yes, so that made it even better!  I have no idea why I got so excited, but it was awesome.  I can't wait to get more! 

Oh my god I get married in like 40 something days.  Has it really gone by this fast?  Am I really getting my dress fitted this week?  Did I seriously buy my shoes last weekend?  Are those my bridesmaids gifts in the mail?  Where has the time gone.  Hopefully I still have some hair left by wedding time, and I haven't pulled it all out because of stress!!

No comments: