Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Had a Panic Attack, So I Watched Television

As of yesterday we are under the two months mark.  This may still sound like a long time, but for someone who has already been engaged for fourteen months less than two is like a minute and a half.  I am starting to freak out.  Who are we kidding?  I did that a long time ago....

More wedding updates:
1. Matt and I started our marriage prep classes on Sunday.  Four weeks for two hours every Sunday.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this class.  We do two sections of the book a night.  We start with a small video (which is the only part I don't like because the videos are from the early 90s and are super boring) then fill out questions in our book that pertain to the video.  After we have answered all of the questions, we talk about our answers together.

Matt and I have been dating for over three years so I like to think that we know each other pretty well.  After looking over these questions, it is almost scary how well we know each other.  They were still super interesting though.  They were for the most part things that we would never have discussed on our own.  The second section last night was about baggage and how our personal baggage from the way we were raised can be brought into the marriage and can affect it.  For one question, there were about 30 charactaristics listed out and we had to check off all of the ones that attracted us to our partner.  Then of the check marks, we had to circle the ones that we might be worried about in the future.  (Basically, things that we found cute in the beginning but might eventually cause problems.)  Very insightful.

2. Number two wedding shower is this weekend in Iowa and I am super, super stoked!  Getting more stuff is only one of the reasons why I can't wait!  We are also going to the Iowa state fair and I cannot wait to see some cows made out of things!  Also, I checked my registry again (see previous post as to why I am a crazy stalker) and our family must really like us because there are some really good things are on there.  Makes me really excited to get a kitchen full of brand new stuff!

Now on to the television part...

Bachelor Pad started on Monday and good lord it was awesome.  I made the mistake of venturing over to realitysteve.com so I read some spoilers (by some I mean I pretty much know everything that happens) and it was still totally awesome. 

Crazy Michelle from Jake's season was back and she did not disappoint.  When she locked Tenley in the bathroom saying things like, "you should have never started a rumor about me" I was nearly crying I was laughing so hard.  I only wish she could have stayed longer.  And when Jesse Kovacs was making fun of Elizabeth to Dave, "why didn't you ask me about my date yet?" "Because you were only gone for four hours", Kristen and I were both dying. 

This show is like an updated version of the Real World/Road Rules challenges on MTV, only with people that are slightly less annoying but bring a whole lot more crazy to the table.  The geniuses at ABC also realized what the slower individuals at MTV have yet to figure out: the challenges are secondary to what people really want to see, which is drinking and a whole lot of bootie.  The "challenge" of this week's episode was a giant game of Twister.  It took up all of three minutes, and the other one hour and fifty-seven minutes could be devoted to drinking and fake romance in the making.

Real Housewives of New Jersey was also on, but not much to say other than let's pick it up ladies.  I was not very interested and frankly started getting bored towards the end.  Who takes that many small kids on a cruise around Europe?  Apparently we now know.

No comments: