Friday, October 29, 2010

Mrs. Sharkany

It's official (well it was 3 weeks ago) I'm married!

Everything went really well, almost perfect, and I kept telling Matt that we must have done something right because I definitely felt like someone was watching over us that day.  The weather was beautiful (sunny, clear, warm but not too hot) which for around here seems very rare.  The ceremony was perfect with no one fainting (thats a long time to kneel), no one spilling anything on their clothes, and my beautiful niece even walked ran down the aisle darn near flawlessly.

The reception was awesome.  I was stressed for weeks about how much food and alcohol to order and I think we did almost perfect on that as well.  We drank almost all of the alcohol (some people might have had TOO much fun but I'm not naming names) and we saved most of the wine we had left over (for anniversaries, special occasions, etc.)  The food got rave reviews and the tiny bite that I had to eat was really good.  I would have loved to have eaten more, but by the time we ate I had been wearing my dress for almost seven hours and that is not an easy piece of clothing to eat in.  Or drink in.  Or dance in.  But it looked great!!

It feels so incredibly weird (in a good way) and at the same point feels like nothing has changed.  The entire time we were in Mexico (which was also awesome) I kept having to remind myself we were really married.  Every time I saw Matt's ring on his hand it was like wow, we really did it.  The day after we got back, Kristen came over to watch Dancing (with the Stars, and yes I am embarassed that I watch it) and said something to Matt about his wife.  I think it was the first time I heard someone else say it.  And with that sentence it was real.  I am someone's wife.

And I feel totally like Monica, but there is a tiny part of me that is sad that I will never get to do it again!

No comments: