Friday, September 24, 2010

Bad Child

I've talked before how lucky we are to have been blessed with such a good dog.  She really is wonderful and I really can't imagine life without her anymore, but lately she has been acting out. 

We went to my dad's last sunday for dinner and I brought her with us.  I took her out in his backyard and played fetch with her for awhile and she went to the bathroom while we were out there, so when we went inside I didn't really watch her (because I never do) and let her wander as she always does.  After we left I got a text from my dad letting me know that we forgot a couple of things there.  One was my sunglasses.  The other was the pile of dog doodie that Scout left in his computer room.  Oopsies.

Then last night, I noticed that my little angel had been chewing on the wall.  Yeah, you read that right.  In our new apartment there is this molding on the wall at the bottom that is in squares (really hard to describe) in the dining room.  At some point Scout had chewed off the corner of it.  Considering it is white and she chewed through to the tan wood, it is really obvious what she did.  Now not only are we going to have to pay for it, I have to walk by and look at it every day.

I know these might seem like minor things, but Scout has never taken a shadoobie in the house.  Ever.  Even when we first got her.  She pretty much never chews on things either.  I am worried this is only going to get worse.  If I had to use my professional pet psychiatry skills, I would guess this is due to moving and her being away from her buddy Baxter.  I hope she gets used to it soon.  I don't like being mad at her and we're not sharing custody of the kids with Kristen so things are not exactly going to change any time soon.

2 comments:

The Yellow Door said...

um she better get her act together if she wants to come stay at casa de aunt emily for a week

Paige Elise said...

My dog only does bad things at other people's houses... and when we moved her. It will pass.