Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wedding Update - For Real Yo

This is what is happening this week in Wedding Land:

1. I Now Pronounce You...
     Last week we went and applied for a marriage license and yesterday Matt went and picked it up so we are well on our way to being legal.  I was a little surprised that it cost eighty big ones, but I guess I've never gotten any other license (besides driver's) so maybe they all cost that much. 

My other, more likely, theory is that the state of Kansas has wisely figured out a way to take more money from it's residents by increasing the price of a marriage license.  Some wise-guy probably figured out that weddings are increasing exponentially (at least among my friends, so I can only assume that this trend resonates everywhere) so why not jack up the price?  Most people aren't going to do a whole lot about it because by the time you go apply for one, most likely you already have the venue picked out and if its in the state of Kansas you don't have a whole lot of options.  Or, maybe it's just Johnson County that is doing this because we all know everything in Johnson County is more expensive. 

Or I just need to shut up about it and be excited about the fact that we are one step closer to being married!

2. You're Invited
     Invitations are glue dotted, folded, stuffed and ready to go once we get the addressed envelopes back.  And get postage.  And take them to the post office.  Okay, so they're not quite ready, but if you have any idea how much time it takes to put together an invite with backgrounds and inserts and tabs (oh my!) you will know that the fact that they are almost ready to go is a huge accomplishment.

Really, they've been done for like two weeks but I've been bacheloretting it up in Vegas and working overtime for extra cash money (both in Vegas and at my job) so I haven't had a chance to share any of this glorious news.  And I do have some sweet pics from Vegas but as Time Warner has so very nicely left us without internet for the past week, I have not been able to add any.

3. Hairspray
     I finalized hair plans with Susan so I think we will all be getting our hair did up real nice.  Cindy reccomended her because she did their hair, so I'm not worried at all about having a stranger do everyone's hair.  Okay, really I am but I am seriously at the point of not caring anymore.  I jumped off of the cliff of giving a damn about two months ago and three miles back.  I'm now in the wonderful field of flowers and who cares?  What kind of shoes should the bridesmaids wear?  Who cares!  Ask me another question, I can't wait to shout who cares at you!


* Disclaimer:  Although I feel like who gives a damn right now, I will probably care next week or next month or at some point before the wedding.  So take my who cares with a grain of salt, smile at me, and then give me some time to think about it. 

I realized the other day I am getting so stressed (only ten weeks away!) that I am just a boiling pot of emotion, with happiness, sadness, and craziness all simmering at the surface waiting to erupt on an unsuspecting bystander.  And to add insult to some serious injury, Matt decides that he really wants to move before the wedding!  Perfect, one more thing to worry about.  I had agreed a couple of months ago, but the closer I get to D Day the more I think he is insane and I must have been drinking the Kool-Aid that day.

1 comment:

The Yellow Door said...

haha your funny! and also perhaps some stress will be replaced by excitement when you receive lots of goodies at your partay in 2 weeks!! also you can sign me and gabe up to help ya move and we'll make p dizzle babysit. or baxter. whoev.